Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Steampunk toliet paper roll pocket book

I saw somewhere that you could make mini pocket books out of recycled toilet paper rolls. Hum,, I had to try! So I did and you see the result. All you do is collect four (or however many you want in your book) flatten and crease the edges with a bone folder, glue or tape one end together which makes the "pocket" ( oh, first if you want to paint them, which I did so it wouldn't look cardboardy it gives a nice finished edge inside and out). Then cover with your choice of paper, and embellish. I am doing a steampunk ATC swap and wanted to try using that theme on this. I used a book ring to hold them together and used a nice ribbon and some charms. I cut large tags to fit inside. I haven't done anything to the tags yet, but they could be used for journaling if your in to that. It felt good to get back to doing some arty projects, I've been a busy Grandma helping watch my sweet little grandson,,, so precious, but do miss my "me" time in the studio! Until next time. Happy crafting
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Maura said...

These are VERY cool! You are so talented. Thanks for sharing!

xinme said...

I love the toilet paper roll books! I think it was Daphne from the AB yahoo group that also made some, and I've been collecting my empty rolls since I saw them. Now I'm waiting to be inspired with a theme:)

BTW -- I think you can safely say that you've "arrived" at the status of "artist" :)

NEEDLEWINGS said...

I love these! They are awesome!

bloubell said...

Love these little works of art.

Lindart said...

This is such a cool idea!! I have TONS of toilet paper rolls to play with!! Your example is totally awesome!

Ann said...

love,love,love this idea!!!
thanks so much for shARING!!

barbarasme-ownfolkart.blogspot.com said...

This is fantastic-love the idea and the way you decorated them.
Barbara DeLisle