Friday, August 20, 2010

Skull beads and Jack-o-lantern box



Do you know how one thing leads to another? Well, that's what happened to me when I started making skull beads for the Halloween necklace. So, I had to make more; bigger ones, smaller one's, even pumpkin ones. Then I wanted to try and make a large Jack-o-lantern for this little box I bought and painted. I haven't worked with polymer clay much, and don't have much skill at sculpting, but practice does make perfect as they say. Well not exactly perfect as I found out, I learned a few things going through this process. For instance, when making a round object to be glued onto a flat surface, make the bottom flat! My Jack-o-lantern sits a little askew, but it is securely glued.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi Debbie, I think you did an amazing job. There are no mistakes in art. That is why they call it art. Halloween is my favorite. I just can't get enough of it. I do photo shots of it and I will be starting soon.
Thank you so much for your comment. It was a fun vaca...
I will follow you.