Friday, March 29, 2013

Shabby Chic Birdcage

 
 
 
 Spring is in the air. I have done a few spring things to freshen up a room or two in my house. I bought a birdcage (decorative) from Hobby lobby a few weeks ago, didn't like the muckle-e-dunk brown color, so, I spray painted it a white gloss. I had this faux branch with a vine and two nest with small eggs for years and thought it would do just fine inside. I twisted it a little to get the shape I wanted and fitted it inside and had it climb up into the top. I placed some moss on the floor of the cage and sprinkled some dried and silk roses on the bottom to add color.  I found two shabby chic birds at Michaels that were perfect so I added them. I had also added some lace trim to the outside of the cage to make it more dressy.  I had watched a you tube video to make the pic of roses and other frills added to the side of the cage and tied a bow of flat lace. It goes perfect in that spare bedroom I had decorated a little Victorian.  If your interested in seeing that youtube video I think this is the link www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA6c8LI_ygc
Posted by Picasa

No comments: